It’s not just the design, engineering and the manufacturing standards used during the production of Life Line ambulances that truly impacts the quality of our work. It’s also the people—the dedication of every employee-owner.
Many of our employee-owners are EMTs themselves, so we know the details that make a difference. We engineer Life Line ambulances to provide the quietest ride possible, so emergency responders can hear patients and each other, and accurately observe vital signs. Panels and trim work are designed to be smooth for easy disinfection. Thoughtful module design puts crucial features right where you need them. And our proprietary metal extrusions ensure maximum strength and impact resistance.
Life Line is a true custom builder, with attention to detail that is hard to find in a mass-produced assembly line ambulance. Our stall-built production lets us handcraft each ambulance with care so that when our customers take possession of their new vehicle, every detail is right.
Life Line Ambulances are Built for Safety
Keeping patients, passengers, and care providers safe is the ultimate calling of a Life Line ambulance. These are just a few of the features of our ambulances that maximize safety when it matters most:
- Impact Rails: Every vehicle we build features the Life Line Impact Rail System, which surrounds the ambulance with a rigid 3” rail designed to absorb some of the force in a collision and minimize damage.
- Doors: Our bank vault-style doors are the best in the industry, made with an industry-leading 3” thickness and framed by a labyrinth-style extrusion.
- Walls: Life Line bodies are “overbuilt,” designed to maximize impact resistance and passenger safety. All four walls are constructed using extruded “X-Frame” corner posts. Areas between framing members are filled with 2″ thick plank Certi-Foam insulation. An aluminum outer skin surrounds the patient and crew.
- Triple Hollow: Our proprietary triple hollow is fore and aft of the wheel well in both the floor and wall structures. This adds strength and rigidity to the module’s side impact resistance for optimal occupant protection.
- Roof: The Life Line roof provides unbelievable strength, with its center spine and hat channel structure finished off with a ONE piece aluminum sheet that is fully perimeter-welded to the roof extrusion with integral drip rails. The result is a full-width solid roll cage.
To back up our claim of quality, we offer five different warranties to protect your Life Line ambulance:
- Product Conversion: Life Line issues a five-year/60,000 mile product conversion warranty covering defects in the materials and workmanship under normal use and service.
- Modular Body: Each new modular ambulance body is structurally sound and free of all structural defects in both the material and workmanship upon purchase. Life Line ambulances carry a lifetime/unlimited miles body warranty.
- Paint: Our paint department uses Akzo-Nobel’s five-part, 33-step polyurethane process to ensure paint brilliance for many years. This process is backed by a six-year, pro-rated/unlimited miles Life Line paint warranty.
- Interior Cabinets: A lifetime limited/unlimited miles cabinet construction warranty is issued with each Life Line ambulance.
- Electrical: Life Line, with assistance from HED, offers a 10-year/100,000-mile electrical warranty for material and workmanship.
Beyond these warranties, we stand behind our products with a dedicated remount department that can rework an ambulance body, mount it on a new chassis and restore it to like-new condition. Life Line durability means we have modules still on the road with a million miles and counting.